Thursday, February 9, 2012

Death by Chocolate Anthology

 

death by chocolate (1)

Author: Suzanne Korb, Cheryl Carvajal, Nikki Jefford, Kira Saito, Stacey Wallace, Lucy Swing

Pages: 249

Genre: YA, Supernatural, Romance, Short stories

Buy from: amazon.com

Release Date: February 14  2012

 

Death by chocolate was the first Anthology I ever read, for those who do not know what an anthology is. It is a book that contains a series of short stories related to the same topic. Death by Chocolate is a YA paranormal romance anthology all of the stories inside it are by different authors (as you can see in the cover) and they all have chocolates related to each magical tale. It is a very interesting idea for an anthology and its definitely worth reading.

 

My Opinion:

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked this book, it got me from the very beginning, each story is unique and the romance in each of them is just heart melting. The paranormal twist that every story had was also very interesting and unique. A true variety of stories is inside this anthology so I find almost impossible that someone wont enjoy at least one of them. My personal favorite was Back in time by Stacey Wallace, just because I love time travel and I fell in love with Cam; the description of the dead by chocolate muffin made my mouth water so great job Stacey!!  The writing of the stories was all very similar, very light and fast to read not focusing too much on details but giving enough for the reader to imagine things their own way. I have so many good things to say about this book but the only thing that bothered me was the cover, just because it doesn’t make justice to the amazing things it contains I beg you to not let yourself be discourage by the cover of the book just because it isn’t as pretty as some others because this anthology is worth your time!

Writing: 5/5

Plot: 5/5

Cover: 2/5

Characters: 5/5

Story Development: 4/5 some I liked more than others