Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Pregnancy Project by Gaby Rodriguez

 

The pregnancy project

Synopsis:

Gaby Rodriguez is a star student, top of her class and a person with a bright future, however she does´t come from a family of outstanding people like herself, all of her brothers and sisters were teen parents, seen how hard it had been to each one of them Gaby it determined to break the cycle, however when the time comes for her to do her senior year project she gets a very interesting and original idea, to fake her own pregnancy. This memoir tells describe the hard experience she had to go throw, the people she had to lie to and the amazing message Gaby is trying to say.

My Personal Opinion:

I always prefer fantasy books but this memoir caught my eye from the start. When I heard about a girl faking her own pregnancy I thought it was brilliant so I couldn´t wait to read her book.

The topic Gaby fought for while making this project was to break stereotypes and to see yourself from your own eyes and not from what other people see. I think that this book was as inspiring as a 17 year old girl can make it, what do I mean with that? well while I was reading I could tell this had been a book written by a teenager and highly edited by another person. Because of this I have to say that the price of this book was too high. almost $18 for a 160 page book is overpricing it. I bought it because the topic interested me very much, but I advice you to think twice of whether this is a book you really want to read or just one of those you´ll keep in your shelves for a long time.

Writing: 3/5

Plot: 5/5

Cover: 4/5

Characters: 5/5

Story Development: 4/5