Monday, February 27, 2012

Rot and Ruin by Jonathan Maberry

 

rot & ruin by Jonathan Maberry

 

Author: Jonathan Maberry

Pages: 458

Genre: fiction, terror, mystery

Buy from: amazon.com/ barnesandnoble.com

Release Date: September 14th 2010

 

 

Benny Imura lives in a post apocalyptic world where a virus returned people from death took over the world on the first night. Benny lives in a safe town protected from the zombies but he has to find a job before he turns 15 or his food rations will be cut in half; having no other options left he accepts his brother’s offer and work with him as a zombie hunter.But Benny hates his brother because of a painful memory from his childhood. Rot and Ruin is the difficult and  amazing story of Benny Imura a teenager who tries to find himself in a messed up world.

 

Personal Opinion:

Rot and Ruin is the first zombie book I have ever read because of the cover I was expecting horrifying events and panic but it wasn’t like that at all. At first I was a little disappointed but as I advanced on my reading I realized it had the perfect amount of everything. This book has lots of emotional parts as Benny realizes some hard truths and I have to say I just LOVED every little bit of it! Benny seemed like such a real character, his emotions along the book weren't rushed at all like in some other novels where the girl falls for the boy in the first two chapters (Twilight)

The writing was good, I loved how Maberry referred to the Zombies as “Zoms” it helped me understand how accustomed the kids were with the existence with the zombies. I think the cover I amazing! I loved it! and I cant wait to read Dust and Decay! But I must tell you if you are looking for a book that wont let you sleep at night this one isn't it. Rot & Ruin does have it’s scary parts but nothing too terrifying.

Writing: 5/5

Cover: 5/5

Characters: 5/5

Story Development: 5/5