Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The forest of hands and teeth by Carrie Ryan

 

The_Forest of Hands and Teeth-Carrie Ryan

 

Author: Carrie Ryan

Genre: apocalyptic novel, suspense, romance, mystery

Buy from: amazon.com

Pages: 308

Release Date: 2009

 

Mary lives in a post apocalyptic world where everybody thinks the only safe place is their little village which is surrounded by the living dead. But Mary dreams of the ocean, and a better place where there are no eating flesh monsters. And after the village is trespassed by the undead she and her friends will have to find a way to survive in this apocalyptic world where no one is safe.

 

My Opinion:

I’ll  be honest, I didn't like this book at all! the main reason why I hated it is because the main character (Mary) is the most selfish person in this whole world! And in a place where you are trying to survive you cant be selfish! She puts everybody in danger, breaks promises and breaks hearts just so she can go and see her precious ocean. Nothing is enough for her, for example when she and her friends finally find a safe place and she is finally alone with Travis she decides it isn't enough and that she needs more! I didn't like the story at all, in fact I stopped reading it at page 210 because I was just annoyed by how stupid the main character was. I’m sorry if there is people out there who did like this book but I would not recommend it to anyone…

 

Writing: 3/5

Cover: 3/5

Story Development: 2/5

Characters: 0/5

Plot: 3/5