Sunday, December 30, 2012

Tempting the Beast by Lora Leigh




Merinus is a journalist who has been studying the case of a man who was used as an experiment, they convinced his DNA with a lion´s and succeeded. For years he was tortured and abused until he escaped. Now Merinus is determined to find him and help him have the normal life he´s always deserved but when she makes contact with him there is a mefeeling deep inside her that demands more of Callan. In a journey of love and immense passion Merinus will discover first hand what it really means to be Tempting a Beast.

My Personal Opinion:
This is the second book I read in the erotic romance category and I´m very pleased with it. The characters were so lovable, Merinus was a strong, dominant woman who acted like many woman would have in the situation she was in. The overall book is very well written(within its category) The sexual scenes are not offensive or embarrassing. The use of words like “cock” and “cunt” however not frequent are present in this book but other than that the erotic scenes are relatively clean, there was nothing that made  me uncomfortable.
My only two complains on this book were that I wish they had talked more about the breeds, why and when they were created but knowing that this book is the first one in a 20 book series I guess the author will get to that sooner or later. And the last BIG complain that I have on this book is the horrible, horrible cover! I decided to read this book because of the amazing synopsis found on goodreads but If my decition had been based on the cover I would have said no. Callan doesn't´t become into a lion which is what I feel people will get from this cover and in my mind neither him nor Merinus look like that. I simply hate the cover and If I could change it I totally would.

Writing: 4/5

Plot: 4/5

Cover: 0/5

Characters: 5/5

Story Development: 5/5