Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Selection by Kiera Kass

the selection

Synopsis:

In the world America Singer lives the third world war already happened, destroying completely the United States. The world she knows is very new, a society born from the ashes of politics and justice. Society is divided by numbers from 1 to 8 the 1s and 2s are considered the rich people and the rest are poor and struggling to survive. America is a 5, her family is okay but they worry a lot having 5 mouths to feed.

But one day a letter arrives in the mail. An opportunity for America to participate in “The Selection”; a contest where 35 girls fight for the heart of the prince, in the hopes of one day becoming the queen. Just by being selected America´s family would receive a lot of money but she doesn't want to participate because she´s in love with a boy however her mother persuades her into sighing up, so thinking she won´t be selected she does it.

Is the prince the shallow mama´s boy America thought?

My Personal Opinion:

This is one of the most amazing books I have ever read! At first I found a little stupid the fact that the main character was named America Singer but I quickly got used to it. This book reminded me a little bit of the hunger games, just a little bit less violent. All this girls were fighting for the heart of the prince except for America who several times told the prince himself that she was there only for the food. However they end up developing a very beautiful relationship.

The only thing that bothered me a lot was how indecisive was America but overall the characters are amazing and very easy to like. I read this book in 4 hours I can happily say I found a great book and I can´t wait for the sequel to come out. If you are looking for a book that will bring back the love for reading then this is it!