Monday, July 2, 2012

Fifty Shades of grey by E.L James

fifty shades of grey

 

Author: E.L James

Genre: erotic romance

Buy from: amazon.com

Pages: 540

Release date: May 26 2011

 

Fifty shades of grey is an erotic novel that narrates the love story between Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey. Anastasia is a journalism student who goes to interview the millionaire Christian grey because her roommate (who was supposed to do the interview) got sick and couldn't do it. Ana and Christian become more involved as the time passes but Ana will soon realize that he isn't the perfect bachelor everybody thought he was; many secrets will be uncovered in a novel which strongly states that perfection doesn't really exists.

Personal Opinion:

At first I wasn't too sure about reading this book because of the erotic content but I caved in and picked it up. There were times in the book when I would have to stop and say “ohhh that is soo wrong!”  there are very dark things in this book but as the story progresses I think the book becomes more of self progress and change (good change). I read this book in 3 days which had never happened to me so the author obviously did something right.  The cover of the book is both intriguing, elegant and perfect, once you read the book you can see why the tie is so important.

The writing was okay for me, of course I don't know too much about the appropriate way of writing but  if this does matter to you then I must inform it was a simple writing, not bad but not outstanding; one thing that did bother me all through the book was how Ana would tell herself “and my inner goddess looked up at me with a mocking expression” she would change the words of course but Anna’s inner goddess would appear all the time and frankly I didn't get why that was necessary. The characters are both perfect, both very strong and very real I liked how their relationship wasn't rushed at all and how they did have their problems, I must admit the ending did left me hanging and I cant wait to read the next book!!

Writing: 3/5

Cover: 5/5

Characters: 5/5

Story development: 5/5