Sunday, March 10, 2013

Bared to you by Silvia Day

bared to you

Synopsis:

He was beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I’d never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily…
Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other’s most private wounds…and desires.The bonds of his love transformed me, even as i prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...

My personal Opinion:

What lured me to this book was that people kept saying that it was very similar to fifty shades of grey, except for the fact that Eve (the female protagonist) was a stronger woman who wasn´t easily controlled.

As I read the book I Cleary saw how this statement s true, but also how many similarities it has to the E.L James books. For example Gideon ( the main male character) was just as disturbed as Christian, they both had nightmares and they both found comfort in their  partner. Another similarity is how both females risk their own sanity just to be with a disturbed and problematic man.

Aside from that the sexual scenes didn´t interested me at all, maybe it was because I don´t like the use of phrases like “Fuck me please” I find them cheap and slutty. So I found myself more interested in the plot than on the sexual encounters between Gideon and Eve.

I enjoyed the characters and the story very much. A lot more interesting that fifty shades of grey, the writing is also noticeably better and the cover is classy and beautiful.

The first book in the Crossfire novel didn't disappoint me and I recommend it to fans of erotic romance or just Fifty shades of grey, because this book is everything that was missing from those books.